Register as a mentor
Mentoring of Africa-based researchers is a rewarding experience and can offer many advantages to your academic career including:
• High value academic service
• Professional development
• Co-publication opportunities
• Extended academic networks
• Spaces to discuss and sanity check research ideas with African researchers
HOW IT WORKS
Academics are assigned to a mentee only where research interests significantly overlap. Mentors do not supervise dissertations which is the remit of the researcher's supervisor.
You will be requested to mentor only one mentee per year.
Mentoring and professional support is provided specifically in the areas of
1. PhD / Research Masters application proposals
2. PhD funding proposals
3. Conference abstracts & papers
4. Publication peer-reviewing
5. Professional support and career advice
6. Pointers to literature and online sources
7. Assistance with mathematical or other specific questions/problems can also be provided.
We kindly request that mentoring communication takes place within the IAP allocated online workspaces, as this will assist in enabling annual peer-review of the mentoring program thus supporting a quality service.
If you would like to register as a mentor please apply here.